This publish is sponsored by Bob’s Pink Mill. See beneath for extra info.
Perhaps on day I’ll cease sharing fritter recipes however most likely not contemplating we eat them virtually each week. This fall model options cauliflower, rolled oats, and a beautiful sunflower cream sauce.
Fritters for each season
I like having fritter recipes for each season and virtually each vegetable. There’s one thing very satisfying a couple of crisp patty, anytime of the 12 months. These cauliflower ones are a bit on the wetter aspect, so be affected person while you’re cooking. They should set/be golden all the way in which earlier than you attempt to flip.
Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled Oats
With regards to fritters, I normally various between breadcrumbs, flour, or oatmeal as a the majority/binder assist. I like utilizing the oats although as a result of it means these patties are gluten-free. I additionally at all times have Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled oats available due to the quantity of oatmeal and granola we eat in the home.
After all, no fritter could be full with no unfold of some variety. Whereas I normally go together with hummus, I assumed I’d share one other one in all my favourite choices (that works nicely for this recipe and for a myriad of different recipes). This sunflower cream is pleasant.
One caveat: the sunflower seeds do have a stronger taste in comparison with cashews. I really like it on this recipe with the cauliflower and herbs. You would, nonetheless, swap to cashews in case you occurred to have them available.
Serve this with:
Lastly, I stored these easy by topping with a couple of microgreens however the fritters would even be scrumptious with a full salad or roasted greens on the aspect. I’ve additionally been recognized to serve with a aspect of marinated beans as nicely.
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup water
2 tablespoons minced contemporary chives
2 tablespoons minced contemporary parsley
1 tablespoon minced contemporary dill
1 cup Bob’s Pink Mill rolled oats
three cups cauliflower florets (see notice)
¼ cup crumbled feta
2 massive eggs
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
Pinch of salt
Oil, for frying
Flakey Sea Salt
- An hour earlier than making this, soak the sunflower seeds in sufficient heat water cowl by an inch.
- When prepared to start out, pulse the rolled oats and cauliflower collectively till the cauliflower is in small items. Add the feta, baking powder, curry powder, and salt; pulsing once more to mix. Lastly, add the eggs and pulse a couple of extra instances till the combination comes collectively.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-low warmth. Add sufficient oil to cowl the underside of the pan. Barely moist your fingers, take about ¼ cup of the combination, form right into a patty and place into the pan. Alternatively, scoop the combination with a spoon, slide into the pan, and press down with the again of the spoon.
- Cook dinner the patties till the aspect is deeply golden. Rigorously flip and repeat. When you attempt to flip too early, the patties will crumble. Repeat with remaining combination.
- Whereas the fritters are cooking, drain the water from the sunflower seeds and place in a blender with ½ cup of contemporary water, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Puree till easy, including a splash extra water as wanted to skinny sufficient to mix.
- Serve the fritters with a selection of sunflower cream and high with the microgreens.
After I say three cups, it’s a mounded three cups which labored out to be about ½ head of medium cauliflower.
Key phrases: cauliflower fritters
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Pink Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me preserve this web site operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.