It’s formally porridge season – colder, darker mornings name for one thing hotter, filling and nutritious to kick off the day, and porridge is the best factor! Nevertheless you select to serve it, and what goes in or on prime of that bowl, is completely right down to you – no matter you go for, there are numerous prospects to make it one thing particular.
Bananas with a touch of cinnamon, caramelised in coconut sugar for additional sweetness, partnered with wealthy darkish chocolate and creamy nut butter, with the crunch of cacao nibs come collectively to kind my favorite combo on this straightforward recipe!
- 50g porridge oats (I used Mornflake)
- 300ml milk of selection (I used Alpro)
For the caramelised banana –
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (I used The Coconut Firm)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (I used Purchase Wholefoods On-line)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A spoonful of nut butter (I used Jake’s Increase Banana Increase Nut Butter)
- Just a few squares of darkish chocolate (I used Uncooked Halo Darkish & Salted Caramel vegan chocolate
- Cacao nibs
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Put the oats in a pan with the milk and simmer for 4-5 minutes till thickened, stirring commonly. Or place the oats and milk in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave for five minutes, stirring midway via then stand for two minutes.
- In the meantime warmth the coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the banana slices, coconut sugar and cinnamon and cook dinner for a couple of minutes on both sides.
- Place the porridge in a bowl then prepare the banana slices across the edge. Add a few chunks of darkish chocolate whereas the porridge continues to be scorching then add some nut butter, sprinkle over cacao nibs and add a drizzle of maple syrup. Take pleasure in!