This creamy coconut mince curry recipe is an actual household favorite at my home. I do know mince isn’t a type of fancy cuts of meat that will get folks all excited, it’s definitely not trendy. However one thing about mince wins youngsters over.
Children simply appear to be snug with floor beef when they’re younger. A lot in order that my youngsters would eat spaghetti bolognese or Lasagne each evening if they’d their selection. I, subsequently, welcome one other option to serve mince and this beef mince curry suits the invoice!
Why Mince Curry?
Okay so I’ve outlined above that one of many causes I make this curry from beef mince is as a result of my youngsters like mince. However there are a couple of different causes as properly
- Mince could be a nice car for including greens into a child’s diet. You will notice on this recipe there are 2 forms of veggies, these which might be loud and proud and tremendous seen, after which a couple of which might be cooked into the sauce to spice up the vegetable content material (Carrot, Zucchini)
- Mince could be a nice gateway for upping the plant-based protein content material in somebody’s diet too. On this recipe, you possibly can substitute half the minced beef for both chickpeas or lentils and it stays scrumptious and kid-approved
- Curry usually particularly sweeter creamy curries are typically an actual hit with my youngsters, so a meal which mixes the two issues curry and mince was at all times going to be a winner
Mince Curry In a Hurry!
Now that my youngsters are coming into the age of afterschool actions my want for meals that may be prepped prematurely and completed off once we return from stated afterschool actions is rising. This recipe is one I half cook dinner, and both depart within the fridge or freeze and end off when required. Basically I make the meal as much as the ultimate two steps, (including the coconut milk and the spinach leaves) To complete it off I simply defrost and/or reheat bringing the mince as much as a simmer, stir within the coconut milk and spinach leaves and its able to go.
Child-Pleasant Curry Recipes
My youngsters love curry which implies I’ve ended up with a couple of kid-friendly curry recipes up my sleeve
I’m an envoy for Countdown New Zealand this implies they help my weblog by gifting elements for recipe creation. I used Necessities coconut milk, on this recipe, this was gifted by Countdown NZ
- ½ brown onion finely diced
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 courgette grated
- 250g butternut or pumpkin 1 cm diced
- 1-2 cups child spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 500g beef mince
- 2 – three tbsp delicate curry spice combine
- 1-1.5 cups beef inventory
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar (optionally available)
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- Put together your greens, Finely cube the onion, grate carrot and zucchini, cube the pumpkin
- Warmth oil in a big frypan
- Add onion, grated carrot and zucchini. Sauté till they’ve softened and simply begin to brown
- Add mince and brown
- Add the delicate curry spice combine (I exploit my very own curry spice combine that I make up in bulk (recipe right here) however any delicate curry powder combine or paste will likely be effective. Cook dinner for 1-2 minutes till aromatic
- Add the tin of chopped tomato, 1 cup of the meat inventory and the pumpkin
- Carry to a simmer and cook dinner for 10 minutes or till pumpkin is tender. The combination ought to scale back and be comparatively dry (if the pumpkin shouldn’t be cooked it’s possible you’ll want extra liquid, you possibly can both use some further water or beef inventory)
- At this level, you possibly can pause manufacturing, cool and both refrigerate or freeze to complete off later
- To the simmering mince add the sugar (that is optionally available however I do discover it actually brings the dish collectively) Coconut milk and spinach leaves. Cook dinner till the spinach has wilted and the mince combine is thick and creamy with coconut milk
- Season with salt, pepper and or chili flakes as desired
Serve this meal with both rice or cauliflower rice
This meal works properly with much less meat and a tin of both chickpeas or lentils as a substitute (it’s possible you’ll want to regulate the quantity of liquid used)
My youngsters like to sprinkle on a couple of roasted cashews on the desk
Yield 6 Serving Dimension 1
Quantity Per ServingEnergy 468 Whole Fats 34g Saturated Fats 18g Trans Fats 1g Unsaturated Fats 12g Ldl cholesterol 79mg Sodium 337mg Carbohydrates 13g Internet Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 5g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 30g
Please know this diet evaluation is predicated on the elements solely, this recipe has not been despatched to a laboratory for unbiased testing